Since baby stuff is fresh on my mind – having had an awesome baby shower at church last night – I decided to post a collection of songs with "Baby" in the title. Not surprisingly, my search brought up far more possible choices than I could or ever should include in one blog post, but I don't necessarily want this to be an ongoing series, so I did include quite a few. (Feel free to skip around as you choose. I sure won't know the difference!) Many of the songs don't really have a whole lot to do with actual infants. Rather, the "baby" being referred to in these songs is one's significant other, whether that means a boyfriend, girlfriend, husband, wife, or other "other." After pondering whether I cared if they were relevant or not for about five seconds, I decided that I didn't. A good number of these songs are golden oldies, while a few (albeit somewhat inferior ones) are more modern. But there should be something to satisfy pretty much all musical tastes here. Enjoy!
1) The Four Tops ~ "Baby, I Need Your Loving"
2) Chicago ~ "Baby, What A Big Surprise" (our baby's already big – no surprise there)
3) Louis Jordan & His Tympany Five ~ "Is You Is Or Is You Ain't My Baby?"
4) Mariah Carey ~ "Always Be My Baby"
5) Buddy Holly & The Crickets ~ "Maybe Baby"
6) Elvis Presley ~ "Baby, What You Want Me To Do"
7) Amy Grant ~ "Baby, Baby"
8) Them ~ "Baby, Please Don't Go"
9) Britney Spears ~ "...Baby One More Time" (don't judge!)
10) Aretha Franklin ~ "Baby, I Love You"
11) The Kinks ~ "Wonder Where My Baby Is Tonight" (I hope we never have to ask that question...)
12) Big Mountain ~ "Baby, I Love Your Way"
13) Army Of Lovers ~ "Baby's Got A Neutron Bomb" (weirdest song I've ever heard!)
14) Bread ~ "Baby, I'm A Want You"
15) Dusty Springfield ~ "I Can't Wait Until I See My Baby's Face"
16) Justin Bieber ~ "Baby" (yes, I did go there...I don't know why!)
17) The Drifters ~ "There Goes My Baby"
18) Bruce Channel ~ "Hey Baby"
19) Whitney Houston ~ "I'm Your Baby Tonight"
20) The Shirelles ~ "Baby, It's You"
21) The Beach Boys ~ "Don't Worry, Baby"
22) Vanilla Ice ~ "Ice Ice Baby" (you had to know I'd include this one...word to your mother!)
23) The Foundations ~ "Baby, Now That I've Found You" (natural follow-up song to #11?)
24) Marvin Gaye ~ "Too Busy Thinking 'Bout My Baby"
25) Katy Perry ~ "(Baby, You're A) Firework" (I cheated a little on this one ["baby" is not actually part of the title], but I had to include it, because – confession time – I have already sung this song to our kiddo in the womb!)