Friday, December 14, 2012

Words I Wish I Wrote: The Wit And Wisdom Of Charles Schulz


Anyone who knows me even a little bit already knows I'm a huge fan of Charlie Brown, Snoopy, and the whole Peanuts gang. I'm also a collector of Peanuts memorabilia. Lately, I've been going back and re-reading a lot of the comic strip collections that I own. Doing so has reminded me time and time again that Peanuts is not just humorous, it's also packed full of wisdom and life lessons. Some things I've culled from these comics are simple, everyday truths, while others are amazingly profound and thought-provoking. Here's a smattering of nuggets of wit and wisdom from the greatest cartoonist who ever lived (is that really up for debate?) with accompanying images of the beloved Peanuts characters who originally "spoke" these words. Enjoy!



1)  "I need plenty of rest in case tomorrow is a great day. It probably won't be, but if it is, I'll be ready!"




2)  "Yesterday I was almost happy. For one brief moment I thought I was winning in the game of life. But there was a flag on the play."




3)  "Subtraction is the awful feeling that you know less today than you did yesterday."




4)  "My life is going by too fast...My only hope is that we go into overtime."




5)  "The sins of the stomach are visited unto the body."




6)  "When you have to get up at 7:00, 6:59 is the worst time of day!"




7)  "When no one loves you, you have to pretend that everyone loves you."




8)  "When you're depressed, it helps to lean your head on your arm and stare into space – if you're unusually depressed, you may have to change arms."




9)  "As soon as I get up in the morning, I feel like I'm in over my head."




10)  "If no one answers the phone, dial louder."



11)  "Never lie in bed at night asking yourself questions you can't answer." 




12)  "There's nothing more embarrassing than barking up the wrong tree!"




13)  "There's a difference between a philosophy and a bumper sticker."




14)  "Life is easier if you only dread one day at a time."



15)  "Feet should stay awake in case you have to  go some place in  a hurry."




16)  "No matter how hard you try, you can't build a rainman."



17)  "I'm always sure about things that are a matter of opinion."




18)  "It's impossible to be gloomy when you're sitting behind a marshmallow."




19)  "Sidewalks always win...knees always lose!"




20)  "'Quiet beauty' is nice to have, but it should speak up now and then."




21)  "A thumb tastes best at room temperature."




22)  "I would have won, but I got off to a bad finish!"




23)  "Life is like an ice cream cone: You have to learn to lick it!"




24)  "The secret to life is to be in the right room!"


25)  "Life is full of choices, but you never get any!"



No comments:

Post a Comment