Saturday, February 23, 2013

Interesting Quotes By Famous M.J.'s

 MICHAEL JORDAN, basketball player


"I've failed over and over and over again
in my life. And that is why I succeed."


"If you're trying to achieve, there will be roadblocks. 
I've had them; everybody has had them. But obstacles don't 
have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn around and give up. 
Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it."


"If you accept the expectations of others, especially 
negative ones, then you will never change the outcome."


"My attitude is that if you push me towards 
something that you think is a weakness, then
will turn that perceived weakness into a strength."


"I can accept failure; everyone fails at
something. But I can't accept not trying."


"To be successful you have to be selfish, or else you never
achieve. And once you get to your highest level, you have to
be unselfish. Stay reachable. Stay in touch. Don't isolate."


"Some people want it to happen, some wish 
it to happen, others make it happen."


"I've always believed that if you put
 in the work, the results will come."


"I'm not out there sweating for three hours every
day just to find out what it feels like to sweat."


"You have to expect things of 
yourself before you can do them."


"Sometimes you need to get hit in the
 head to realize that you're in a fight."


"In reality, I never want to grow up."


"I believe greatness is an evolutionary process
that changes and evolves from era to era."



MICHAEL JACKSON, pop singer


"If you enter this world knowing you are loved 
and you leave this world knowing the same, then
everything that happens  in between can be dealt with."


"Let us dream of tomorrow where we can truly love from the soul,
 and know love as the ultimate truth at the heart of all creation."


"Why can't you share your bed? The most loving thing 
to do is to share your bed with someone. It's very charming.
 It's very sweet. It's what the whole world should do."


"Children show me in their playful smiles the divine
 in everyone. This simple goodness shines straight 
from their hearts and only asks to be loved."


"The meaning of life is contained in every single
expression of life. It is present in the infinity of 
forms and phenomena that exist in all of creation."


"I'm a black American. I am proud of my race. I am
 I am proud of who I am. I have a lot of pride and dignity."


"I'm just like anyone. I cut and I bleed. And I embarrass easily."


MAHALIA JACKSON, gospel singer


"Faith and prayer are the vitamins of the soul; 
man cannot live in health without them."

"You're blessed if you have the strength to work."


"Everybody needs somebody."


"God can make you anything you want to be, 
but you have to put everything in His hands."


"How can you sing of amazing grace and all
God's wonders without using your hands?"


"Money just draws flies."


"Sometimes you ask God for something 
and you don't know what you're asking."


"The old Devil gets mad when you're trying to do
good. Pray that God will move the stumbling blocks."


"Without a song, each day would be a century."



MICK JAGGER, rock star


It's all right letting yourself go, 
as long as you can get yourself back."


"Anything worth doing is worth overdoing."


"A good thing never ends."


"Thank you for leaving us alone but giving
us enough attention to boost our egos."


"Lose your dreams and you might lose your mind."


"My secrets must be poetic to be believable."


"The elusive nature of love...it can be such a fleeting thing. 
You see it there, and it's just fluttering, and it's gone."


"Patriotism is an instant reaction 
that fades away when the war starts."



MA JIAN, writer


"To become self-aware, people must be allowed to hear a
plurality of opinions and then make up their own minds.
 They must be allowed to say, write, and publish whatever they 
want. Freedom of expression is the most basic, but fundamental 
right. Without it, human beings are reduced to automatons."


"Only when you are aware of the uniqueness 
of everyone's individual body will you begin 
to have a sense of your own self-worth."


"I believe that the power of literature
 is stronger than the power of tyranny."


"When history is erased, people's moral values are also erased."



MAGIC JOHNSON, basketball player


"When you face a crisis, you know who your true friends are."


"If you're a competitive person, that 
stays with you. You don't stop.
You always look over your shoulder."


"Young people want you to be real 
with them... When you are honest and 
open with young people, they let you in."

No comments:

Post a Comment