Thursday, April 18, 2013

Story # 50: "Making Sense"

Every now and then, I feel a good stream of consciousness flowing through me. That's when barely coherent nonsense like this flows from my fingers. The only theme here – there's really not a story – is that each sentence (or pair of sentences) contains one word in particular which then forms the basis of the next sentence (or pair of sentences). Nothing but that word ties the thoughts together. In the end, it all comes full circle. Sort of. So hang on and enjoy it if you can.  ~  JH



"MAKING SENSE"

I underestimated you. You cost much more than I originally thought. Thoughts should appear like speech balloons above our heads. Maybe then we wouldn't have to repent so much. As much as I'd like to believe that there is life on other planets, I find it hard to fathom that aliens could be any weirder than us. Weird things happen to good people, but they know how to deal with them better, fighting strange with strangers. You're much better off than you think you are – you ate breakfast, didn't you? I didn't think far enough ahead, and now I'm behind the times and counting the days. The day you realize that you're in over your head is the day I'll drag you out by your hair. So don't get a crew cut anytime soon. Anytime is better than never, which is usually when I arrive. Arrival and departure times don't mean as much as they used to. They're more like estimates – underestimates, at that.

No comments:

Post a Comment