Thursday, May 23, 2013

Finnish Female Pop Stars

If you're a regular or even casual reader of this blog, you should know by now that there's basically no point in trying to figure out why I post the things that I post. The only logical conclusion that can be drawn is that I'm hopelessly weird, and therefore I find weird things fascinating. Case in point, this post, which consists solely of pop songs by Finnish female singers. A few of the songs are sung in English, but most are in Finnish. Even though I don't understand what they're singing about most of the time, it doesn't diminish my enjoyment of the music – or their beautiful voices – one bit. Hopefully, you'll enjoy these as much as I did in compiling them.  ~  JH

NOTE:  Each song's roughly-translated-int0-English title is included – whenever possible – in (parentheses) after the Finnish title.



1)  Anna Eriksson  ~  "Kesä Yhdhessä"  ("One Summer")



2)  Maija Vilkkumaa  ~  "Totuutta ja Tehtävää"  (Truth")



3)  Jenni Vartiainen  ~  "En haluu kuolla tänä yönä"  (I Do Not Wanna Die Tonight"



4)  Anna Puu  ~  "C'est la vie"  ("That's Life" [French])



5)  Suvi Teräsniska  ~  "Pahalta Piilossa"  ("The Hidden Evil")



6)  Jannika B  ~  "Seuravaan elämään"  ("Monitored, But Life")



7)  Chisu  ~  "Baden-Baden"



8)  Hanna Pakarinen  ~  "Leave Me Alone"



9)  Laura Närhi ft. Erin  ~  "Siskoni"  ("My Sister")



10)  Anna Abreu  ~  "Ivory Tower"



11)  Laura Voutilainen  ~  "Karun maan kukka"  ("The Barren Flower")



12)  Nimetön  ~  "Anna Jotain"  ("Give Something")



13)  Diandra  ~  "Prinsessalle"  ("Princess")



14)  HK119  ~  "Snowblind"



15)  Islaja  ~  "Pete P"



16)  Kaija Koo  ~  "Kaunis rietas onnellinen"  ("Happy, Beautiful Devil")



17)  Johanna Kurkela  ~  "Ehkä ensi elämässä"  ("Maybe Next Life")



18)  Mariska  ~  "Murha"  ("Murder")



19)  Katri Ylander  ~  "Mansikkamäki"  ("Strawberry Hill")



20)  Tarja Turunen  ~  "Until My Last Breath"

No comments:

Post a Comment