I'm not gonna lie to you – this is another post that originated from me wanting to add a certain song to a music post and not being able to think of a better way to include it other than this cockamamie concept. As it turns out, there are way more artists with repetitious names than I thought (e.g., Duran Duran, Goo Goo Dolls, and Yo-Yo Ma, to name a few). So maybe it was a dumb idea at first, but it turned out pretty well in the end. Enjoy? ~ JH
1) Phillip Phillips ~ "Gone, Gone, Gone" (This is repetition to the extreme – both the artist AND the song title have repeated words. But what a great song!)
2) Duran Duran ~ "Hungry Like The Wolf"
3) The Ting Tings ~ "That's Not My Name"
4) Yeah Yeah Yeahs ~ "Maps"
5) The The ~ "I Saw The Light"
6) The Go-Go's ~ "Our Lips Are Sealed"
7) Tom Tom Club ~ "Genius Of Love"
8) Wet Wet Wet ~ "Sweet Surrender"
9) The Mighty Mighty Bosstones ~ "The Impression That I Get"
10) Goo Goo Dolls ~ "Iris"
11) Mr. Mister ~ "Is It Love"
12) Frou Frou ~ "Must Be Dreaming"
13) Bow Wow Wow ~ "I Want Candy"
14) Everything Everything ~ "Cough Cough" (Direct to you from the Department of Redundancy Department)
15) JoJo ~ "Too Little Too Late"
BONUS TRACK: Yo-Yo Ma ~ "Prelude from Bach's Cello Suite No. 1" (For the more cultured among us – I'm not necessarily including myself in that company)