Friday, December 19, 2014

Interesting Quotes By People Who'd Be 100 Years Old This Year…If They Weren't Already Dead

1)  "Knock the 't' off the 'can't.'"  ~  George Reeves, actor


2)  "No one owns life, but anyone who can pick up a frying pan owns death."  ~  William S. Burroughs, writer


3)  "War is fear cloaked in courage."  ~  William Westmoreland, Army general


4)  "Life is a tragedy full of joy."  ~  Bernard Malamud, writer


5)  "Everybody wants to go to heaven, but nobody wants to die."  ~  Joe Louis, boxer


6)  "When people are smiling, they are most receptive to almost anything you want to teach them."  ~  Allen Funt, entertainer


7)  "Do not go gentle into that good night, but rage, rage against the dying of the light."  ~  Dylan Thomas, poet


8)  "A person always doing his or her best becomes a natural leader, just by example."  ~  Joe DiMaggio, baseball player


9)  "When I die, I hope they don't cremate me, 'cuz I'll burn forever."  ~  Harry Caray, broadcaster


10)  "Life is to be lived, not controlled, and humanity is won by continuing to play in face of certain defeat."  ~  Ralph Ellison, writer


11)  "Who is more foolish? The fool or the fool that follows it?"  ~  Alec Guinness, actor


12)  "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."  ~  Robert McCloskey, writer


13)  "Movies are a magician's forge; they allow you to build a story with your hands – at least, that's what it means to me. What attracts me in movies is to be presented with a problem and be able to solve it. Nothing else; just to create an illusion, an effect, with almost nothing."  ~  Mario Bava, film director


14)  "Any girl can be glamorous. All you have to do is stand still and look stupid."  ~  Hedy Lamarr, actress


15)  "Hope lies in dreams, in imagination, and in the courage of those who dare to make dreams into reality."  ~  Jonas Salk, scientist

No comments:

Post a Comment