2) Audrey Assad ~ "Restless" – This is another song that I just want to belt out with all my heart, because it's so true. "I'm restless, until I rest in you, O God..." You can't get much better than that!
3) Phil Wickham ~ "Safe" – Just when you thought I was only going to pick female singers! The studio version of this song has backing vocals by Bart Millard, lead singer of MercyMe, but Phil holds his own here by himself. Beautiful music, awesome lyrics!
4) Caedmon's Call ~ "Mystery Of Mercy" – "My God, my God, why hast thou accepted me? It's a mystery of mercy..." Wow...just, wow! This one never gets old, because I see myself in so many of the people mentioned here.
5) Sidewalk Prophets ~ "You Can Have Me" – The singer asks: "When did love become unmoving? When did love become unconsuming?" Great questions, both. He continues: "Forgetting what the world has told me, Father of Love, you can have me!" Amen to that!
6) Addison Road ~ "Change In The Making" – "There's a better version of me that I can't quite see, but things are gonna change." Yes, please! The song continues: "This is me under construction, this is my pride being broken. And every day I'm closer to who I'm meant to be – I'm a change in the making."
7) Kari Jobe ~ "Revelation Song" – I don't care how many times I hear this song or watch this video. I get chills every time! This is by far one of the most powerful songs I've ever heard. And sorry, Phillips, Craig, and Dean, but Kari Jobe's version of the song will ALWAYS be my favorite!
8) Casting Crowns ~ "East To West" – "I don't wanna end up where You found me, and it echoes in my mind, keeps me awake tonight..." How often I feel like I'm "just one mistake away" from God leaving me where I am. But this song reminds me every time – He's forgiven me, and He'll never leave me!
9) Kara ~ "We All Bow Down" – "Losers and winners, saints and sinners, one day we'll see His face...And we'll all bow down. Kings will surrender their crowns, and worship Jesus, for He is the love, unfailing love, He is the love of God." Can't wait for that day!
10) Big Daddy Weave ~ "Audience Of One" – "And now just to know You more has become my great reward. To see Your kingdom come, and Your will be done – I only desire to be Yours, Lord." This is the prayer of my heart as well.
BONUS TRACK: Sara Groves ~ "First Song That I Sing" – I wish I could say that I lived this song out every day. I don't. But I want to. And I'll never stop trying.