Sunday, June 17, 2012

Words I Wish I Wrote: Father's Day Quotes

1)  "I decided in my life that I would do nothing that did not reflect positively on my father's life."  ~   Sidney Poitier


2)  "Nothing I've ever done has given me more joys and rewards than being a father to my children."  ~  Bill Cosby


3)  "Dad taught me everything I know. Unfortunately, he didn't teach me everything he knows."  ~  Al Unser


4)  "I'm a father; that's what matters most. Nothing matters more."  ~  Gordon Brown


5)  "I cannot think of any need in childhood as strong as the need for a father's protection."  ~  Sigmund Freud


6)  "If the new American father feels bewildered and even defeated, let him take comfort from the fact that whatever he does in any fathering situation has a fifty percent chance of being right."  ~  Bill Cosby

7)  "When I was a boy, I used to do what my father wanted. Now I have to do what my boy wants. My problem is: When am I going to do what I want?"  ~  Sam Levenson


8)  "My father gave me the greatest gift anyone could give another person – he believed in me."  ~  Jim Valvano


9)  "He who is taught to live upon little owes more to his father's wisdom than he who has a great deal left him does to his father's care."  ~  William Penn


10)  "It is easier for a father to have children than for children to have a real father."  ~  Pope John XXIII


11)  "I talk and talk and talk, and I haven't taught people in fifty years what my father taught me by example in one week."  ~  Mario Cuomo


12)  "Be able to confide your innermost secrets to your mother and your innermost fears to your father."  ~  Marilyn vos Savant


13)  "Fatherhood is pretending the present you love most is soap-on-a-rope."  ~  Bill Cosby


14)  "I am not ashamed to say that no man I ever met was my father's equal, and I never loved any other man as much."  ~  Hedy Lamarr


15)  "I would say my greatest achievement in life right now – and I'm still trying to achieve it – is to be a wonderful father to my kids."  ~  Bo Jackson


16)  "Love and fear. Everything the father of a family says must inspire one or the other."  ~  Joseph Joubert


17)  "To me, having kids is the ultimate job in life. I want to be most successful at being a good father."  ~  Nick Lachey


18)  "It never entered my father's mind nor my mind ever to do a job other than at one's best ability."  ~  Lord Mountbatten


19)  "My childhood should have taught me lessons for my own childhood, but it didn't because parenting can only be learned by people who have no children."  ~  Bill Cosby


20)  "[My father] didn't tell me how to live; he lived, and let me watch him do it."  ~  Clarence Budington Kelland

No comments:

Post a Comment