Saturday, November 3, 2012

Interesting Quotes By Ladies Named Judy


JUDY GARLAND, Singer/Actress


"Always be a first-rate version of yourself, 
instead of a second-rate version of somebody else."


"How strange when an illusion dies. 
It's as though you've lost a child."


"I've never looked through a keyhole 
without finding someone was looking back."



JUDY HOLLIDAY, Actress


"Lovers have a right to betray you...friends don't."


"I want a part where I can use my own hair, 
my own voice, and maybe even be literate."


"Of course I work hard. Why shouldn't I? 
Who am I to think I should get things the easy way?"



JUDY BLUME, Novelist


"A good writer is always a people watcher."


"The best books come from someplace 
inside. You don't write because 
you want to, but because you have to."



JUDY CHICAGO, Artist


"Do I wish that we lived in a world where gender didn't
figure so prominently? Of course. Do I even think about
myself as a woman when I go to make art? Of course not."


"You shouldn't have to justify your work."



JUDY COLLINS, Singer/Songwriter


"The powerful men in my life have always 
believed in me: my husband, my son."


"I think people who are creative are the luckiest 
people on earth. I know that there are no shortcuts, but 
you must keep your faith in something greater than you, 
and keep doing what you love. Do what you love, 
and you will find the way to get it out to the world."


"I don't think you get to good writing unless you 
expose yourself and your feelings. Deep songs don't 
come from the surface; they come from the deep 
down. The poetry and the songs that you are 
supposed to write, I believe, are in your heart."



JUDY DAVIS, Actress


"I've never worked for the sake of working. There's 
probably enough crap out there for me not to add to it."


"Most women seem to be required to pit themselves
against men in dramatic situations, and the
men get to pit themselves against ideas or God."


"This is government. There is no entertainment."



JUDY MARTZ, Politician


"If you can't do it and do it well, you can't do it, period."



DAME JUDI DENCH, Actress 
(yeah, it's spelled differently – so sue me!)


"I think you should take your job seriously, 
but not yourself – that is the best combination."


"I don't think anybody can be told how to act. 
I think you can give advice. But you 
have to find your own way through it."



JUDGE JUDY SHEINDLIN, TV Personality


"Don't pee on my leg and tell me it's raining."


"Beauty fades. Dumb is forever."


"It it doesn't make sense, it's usually not true."


"If you tell the truth, then you 
don't have to have a good memory."



JUDY JETSON, Cartoon Character


"I just found out Doris told Susie and Susie told 
Mary and Mary told Francie and Francie told me 
Helen took my date with Cosmo! And now my 
heart is totally broken! I'll never be happy again! 
Never! Never! Never! Never! I hate this place!"

2 comments:

  1. Just watched "It Should Happen to You" (1954), and Judy Holliday, as she always did, simply shined. Her inner intellectual life, which was reportedly extraordinary, actually came out in what also happened to be Jack Lemmon's first motion picture. But I stumbled on the site while looking for images of Judy Davis, who I've always found intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joel, thanks for sharing. I will have to check that movie out. Hope you'll find more of interest on my blog, even if you did arrive here by accident. :)

    ReplyDelete