Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Interesting Quotes By Famous Women Named Anne

1)  "If you marry the wrong person for the wrong reasons, then no matter how hard you work, it's never going to work, because then you have to completely change yourself, completely change them, completely -- by that time, you're both dead."  ~  Anne Bancroft, actress




2)  "We build the worlds we wouldn't mind living in. They contain scary things, problems, but also a sense of rightness that makes them alive and makes us want to live there."  ~  Anne McCaffrey, writer




3)  "And thus I take my leave of the world and of you all, and I heartily desire you all to pray for me."  ~  Anne Boleyn, Queen of England




4)  "I was raised to pretend."  ~  Anne Heche, actress




5)  "Evil is always possible. Goodness is a difficulty."  ~  Anne Rice, writer




6)  "How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world."  ~  Anne Frank, writer




7)  "There's something very addictive about people pleasing. It's a thought pattern and a habit that feels really, really good until it becomes desperate."  ~  Anne Hathaway, actress




8)  "Keep on beginning and failing. Each time you fail, start all over again, and you will grow stronger until you have accomplished a purpose -- not the one you began with perhaps, but one you'll be glad to remember."  ~  Anne Sullivan, teacher




9)  "The most exhausting thing in life is being insincere."  ~  Anne Morrow Lindbergh, writer




10)  "I expect that any day now, I will have said all I have to say; I'll have used up all my characters, and then I'll be free to get on with my real life."  ~  Anne Tyler, writer




11)  "See into life, don't just look at it."  ~  Anne Baxter, actress




12)  "He that dares not grasp the thorn should never crave the rose."  ~  Anne Bronte, writer




13)  "When I appear in public people expect me to neigh, grind my teeth, paw the ground, and swish my tail -- none of which is easy."  ~  Princess Anne, British royalty




14)  "I do not at all understand the mystery of grace -- only that it meets us where we are but does not leave us where it found us."  ~  Anne Lamott, writer




15)  "If we had no winter, the spring would  not be so pleasant; if we did not sometimes taste of adversity, prosperity would not be so welcome."  ~  Anne Bradstreet, poet


No comments:

Post a Comment