Monday, November 5, 2012

Things I Find Fascinating: Top 20 Songs The Year I Was Born (1978)

Since I've already done the top movies and top novels the year I was born, it was inevitable that I would get around to doing the top songs as well. Apparently, 1978 was a great year for the Bee Gees (and Bee Gees solo artist Andy Gibb) and the Grease soundtrack. Having grown up listening to oldies and mix stations, I'm familiar with a lot of these songs (sadly). That doesn't mean, however, that I'm a fan of a lot of these songs. Disco has never been, nor will it ever be, one of my favorite styles of music, and disco is extremely well-represented here. Maybe these songs will dredge up happy memories of your younger days. Maybe you're too young to remember any of these songs and you just need a good laugh at your parents' (or grandparents'?) music. Either way, here they are...


1)  Andy Gibb  ~  "Shadow Dancing"



2)  Bee Gees  ~  "Night Fever"



3)  Debby Boone  ~  "You Light Up My Life"



4)  Bee Gees  ~  "Stayin' Alive"




5)  Exile  ~  "Kiss You All Over"




6)  Bee Gees  ~  "How Deep Is Your Love"




7)  Player  ~  "Baby Come Back"




8)  Andy Gibb  ~  "Love Is (Thicker Than Water)"




9)  A Taste Of Honey  ~  "Boogie Oogie Oogie"




10)  Commodores  ~  "Three Times A Lady"



11)  Frankie Valli  ~  "Grease"




12)  Paul Davis  ~  "I Go Crazy"



13)  John Travolta & Olivia Newton-John  ~  "You're The One I Want"



14)  Samantha Sang  ~  "Emotion"



15)  Eric Clapton  ~  "Lay Down Sally"



16)  Rolling Stones  ~  "Miss You"



17)  Billy Joel  ~  "Just The Way You Are"



18)  Wings  ~  "With A Little Luck"



19)  Yvonne Elliman  ~  "If I Can't Have You"



20)  Chic  ~  "Dance, Dance, Dance"




BONUS TRACKS  –  SOME HIT SONGS 
FROM 1978 THAT I ACTUALLY LIKE...


1)  Anne Murray  ~  "You Needed Me"



2)  Dan Hill  ~  "Sometimes When We Touch"



3)  Roberta Flack & Donny Hathaway  ~  "The Closer I Get To You"



4)  David Gates  ~  "Goodbye Girl"



5)  Paul Simon  ~  "Slip Slidin' Away"



6)  Kansas  ~  "Dust In The Wind"



7)  Foreigner  ~  "Hot Blooded"



8)  Queen  ~  "We Will Rock You"

No comments:

Post a Comment