After all the hoopla, Election Day is finally upon us. No more annoying political ads, no more mud-slinging. After today, it's all over but the crying. In honor of Election Day, here's a number of words you can make using letters from the words "Election Day." The words may or may not be associated with the included pictures of the candidates. I'll leave that for you to decide. Enjoy!
1) DECENT: a) Conforming to the recognized standard of propriety, good taste, modesty, etc., as in behavior or speech. b) Respectable; worthy. c) Adequate; fair; passable. d) Kind; obliging; generous. e) Suitable; appropriate.
2) NOTICE: a) An announcement or intimation of something impending. b) A notification of the termination, at a specified time, of an agreement, as for employment, given by one of the parties to the agreement.
3) LATENCY: The state of being present but not visible, apparent, or actualized.
4) DECLINE: a) To express courteous refusal; refuse. b) To draw toward the close. c) To fail in strength, vigor, character, value, etc.; to deteriorate.
5) ELATION: A feeling or state of great joy or pride; exultant gladness; high spirits.
6) ACTION: a) The process or state of acting or being active. b) Something done or performed; act; deed. c) Energetic activity.
7) LATINO: A person of Latin-American or Spanish-speaking descent.
8) CANT: a) To talk hypocritically. b) To speak in the whining or sing-song tone of a beggar; to beg.
9) DENIAL: a) An assertion that something said, believed, alleged, etc., is false. b) Disbelief in the existence or reality of a thing. c) Refusal to recognize or acknowledge.
10) LEADEN: a) Dull, spiritless, or gloomy, as in mood or thought. b) Oppressive; heavy. c) Sluggish; listless.
11) CLONE: A person or thing that duplicates, imitates, or closely resembles another in appearance, function, performance, or style.
12) DONATE: a) To present as a gift, grant, or contribution. b) To make a donation of, as to a fund or cause.
13) DELAY: a) To put off to a later time. b) To impede the process or progress of; retard; hinder.
14) ELITE: a) The choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group of persons exercising the major share of authority or influence within a larger group.
15) CLEAN: a) Free from dirt; unsoiled; unstained. b) Free from foreign or extraneous matter. c) Characterized by a fresh, wholesome quality.
16) IDEAL: a) Conceived as constituting a standard of perfection or excellence. b) Regarded as perfect of its kind. c) Existing only in the imagination, not real or actual.
17) DICEY: Unpredictable; risky; uncertain.
18) ALIEN: a) A resident born in or belonging to another country who has not acquired citizenship by naturalization. b) A foreigner. c) A person who has been estranged or excluded. d) A creature from outer space; an extraterrestrial.
19) DECAL: A specially prepared paper bearing a picture or design to transfer to wood, metal, glass, etc.
20) NEEDY: In a condition of need or want; poverty-stricken; impoverished; extremely poor; destitute.
21) TODAY: a) This present day. b) The present time or age.
22) YODEL: a) To sing with frequent changes from the ordinary voice to falsetto and back again, in the matter of Swiss and Tyrolean mountaineers. b) To call or shout in a similar fashion.
23) OLD: a) Far advanced in the years of one's life. b) Of or pertaining to the latter part of the life or term of existence of a person. c) As if or appearing to be far advanced in years.
24) IDOL: a) An image or other material object representing a deity to which religious worship is addressed. b) Any person or thing regarded with blind admiration, adoration, or devotion. c) A figment of the mind; a fantasy.
25) DONE: a) Completed; finished; through. b) Worn out; exhausted; used up.
26) TACO: An often crisply fried tortilla folded over and filled, as with seasoned chopped meat, lettuce, tomatoes, and cheese.
27) OILY: a) Smeared or covered with oil; greasy. b) Smooth or unctuous, as in manner or speech.
28) END: Termination; conclusion.