Monday, April 29, 2013

Interesting Quotes By People With Flower-Inspired Names


"Everything that's realistic has some sort of ugliness 
in it. Even a flower is ugly when it wilts, a bird when it 
seeks its prey, the ocean when it becomes violent."  
~  Sharon Tate, actress



"Opinions differ most when there is least 
scientific warrant for having any."  
~  Daisy Bates, civil rights activist



"I think if you're an actor you kind of 
have to be willing to look stupid."  
~  Heather Graham, actress



"Love is the difficult realization that 
something other than oneself is real."  
~  Iris Murdoch, writer



"It is a full time job being honest one moment at
a time, remembering to love, to honor, to respect. 
It is a practice, a discipline, worthy of every moment." 
 ~  Jasmine Guy, actress



"I always wanted to be somebody, but now 
I realize I should have been more specific."  
~  Lily Tomlin, comedienne



"My childhood may have been more demented 
than most, because I learned to read very early
 and was allowed to read whatever I wanted."  
~  Poppy Z. Brite, writer



"Birds sing after a storm; why shouldn't people feel 
as free to delight in whatever remains to them?"  
~  Rose Kennedy, philanthropist



"I like being in love, but loving is what is 
crucial to me. Loving is the reason to live."  
~  Saffron Burrows, actress



"If I were to say you are crazy, what part 
of that would you find unacceptable?"  
~  Daisy Donovan, actress



"Never regret anything you have done with a sincere 
affection; nothing is lost that is born of the heart."  
~  Basil Rathbone, actor



"We have learned how to do a lot 
of things. We must try to relearn why."  
~  Flora Lewis, journalist



"My youth is escaping without 
giving me anything it owes me."  
~  Ivy Compton-Burnett, writer



"There's been lots of coming home 
in the early mornings after funny nights
out, having bizarre sandwiches in bed."  
~  Neneh Cherry, singer/songwriter



"If we all tried to make other people's 
paths easy, our own feet would have 
a smooth, even place to walk on."  
~  Myrtle Reed, writer



"If anyone at my funeral has a long 
face, I'll never speak to him again." 
 ~  Stan Laurel, actor



"Justice is such a fine thing that 
we cannot pay too dearly for it."  
~  Alain Rene Le Sage, writer



"To have an opinion about somebody 
you've never met before is pretty superficial."  
~  Heather Mills, activist



"Age is like a coat that you can put on 
or take off. I prefer to not have that coat on."  
~  Bud Cort, actor



"Why do we kill people who are killing people 
to show that killing people is wrong?"  
~  Holly Near, singer/songwriter

No comments:

Post a Comment