Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Interesting Quotes By Notable Rhode Islanders



"Even a fool knows you can't touch the stars, 
but it won't keep the wise from trying." 
 ~  Harry Anderson, actor



"Life has all sorts of hills and valleys,
and sometimes you don't end up doing
what you had your heart set out on,
but sometimes that's even better!"
~  Ruth Buzzi, actress



"In society, one doesn't tell the truth,
one tells the exact opposite."
~  Nelson Eddy, musician



"A year or so ago, I went through 
all the people in my life and asked 
myself: Does this person inspire me, 
genuinely love me, and support me 
unconditionally? I wanted nothing
but positive influences in my life."
~  Mena Suvari, actress



"I don't care what you say about me,
as long as you say something about me,
and as long as you spell my name right."
~  George M. Cohan, actor



"Before you can make good music, you just have to
shut up. Then the music can say what it has to say."
~  Kristin Hersh, musician



"Toil without song is like a weary
 journey without an end."
~  H. P. Lovecraft, writer



"I don't know why I started writing.
I don't know why anybody does 
it. Maybe they're bored, or 
failures at something else."
~  Cormac McCarthy, writer



"I can't say that I make anything up.
I think of myself as a collage artist.
I'm cutting and pasting memories 
of my life. And I say, I have to live 
a life in order to tell a life."
~  Spalding Gray, actor



"What a business is this of a portrait 
painter! You bring him a potato and 
expect he will paint you a peach."
~  Gilbert Stuart, artist



"America must raise an empire of permanent
duration, supported upon the grand 
pillars of Truth, Freedom, and Religion, 
encouraged by the smiles of Justice and 
defended by her own patriotic sons."
~  Nathanael Greene, army general



"Sometimes it is necessary to 
re-teach a thing its loveliness."
~  Galway Kinnell, poet

No comments:

Post a Comment