Monday, January 6, 2014

Aha! I Bet You Thought I Was Abandoning This Blog, Didn't You?

Well, you were wrong! While it's true that I've started both a music blog and a humor blog in 2014, I'm not abandoning The Plural Of Hyena, my "core product" as they say in the biz. (What biz, you ask? I dunno exactly, but it sounded like the right thing to say.) No, this blog isn't going away, it's just going to be a little more focused than it ever was before.

I've posted a variety of things here in the past couple of years, such as my stories and poems, things I find fascinating, things that are going on in my personal life, and so forth. Well, none of those things are going away. I'm just taking the funny stuff and music posts that I come up with (or compile from various sources) on a regular basis and posting them on the other two blogs.

I'm still planning on writing plenty of new stories for your reading pleasure, though I probably won't set an unattainable goal of 200 new ones as I did last year (only having penned a hair over 70 of them throughout the year). I still don't know if you do or will enjoy them, but I'll keep trying to entertain you or provoke you to previously unthought thoughts (or something like that) through my writings.

One of these days, maybe this year, I'll actually get some of my stories into print, or at least into e-book form for the masses (yeah, right!) to read. That's the goal, at least.

I know I don't spend a whole lot of time talking about myself or my family on the blog anymore, but I'll try to do a better job of that this year. I'm not making any promises, other than the promise to try.

I have set some goals for myself this year, though they aren't necessarily writing goals.

I want to read more of the books I've always wanted to read and less of the books that I just stumble upon at the library or in the free section of the Kindle Store. I'm currently compiling a list of the "wanna read" books and I'll probably end up posting that here at some point soon.

I also want to lose some weight – a lot of it actually – and become a more active (read: less sedentary) person in general. My son's increased activity precipitates this goal, and makes it a more urgent need than ever before.

I want to draw closer to God than I've been in a long time. He didn't move – I did – and I've been complacent about the distance for far too long. That must change, and it will. Not by own willpower alone, but through the guidance of the Holy Spirit PLUS my efforts.

I was going to write something else here at the end, but I've now forgotten what it was. It was probably fairly important, too. Oh well, there's always tomorrow. Remember, this blog ain't going anywhere!

~ JH

No comments:

Post a Comment