Sunday, May 13, 2012

Words I Wish I Wrote: Mother's Day Quotes

Keeping it simple today. Just because they're other people's words doesn't mean the sentiments aren't true. Feel free to share if you wish...


1)  "I remember my mother's prayers and they have always followed me. They have clung to me all my life." ~ Abraham Lincoln


2)  "My mother had a great deal of trouble with me, but I think she enjoyed it.  ~  Mark Twain


3)  "All I am I owe to my mother. I attribute all my success in life to the moral, intellectual and physical education I received from her."  ~ George Washington


4)   "There was never a child so lovely but his mother was glad to get him to sleep."  ~  Ralph Waldo Emerson


5)  "Biology is the least of what makes someone a mother."  ~  Oprah Winfrey


6)  "My mother loved children - she would have given anything if I had been one."  ~ Groucho Marx


7)  "My mother had morning sickness after I was born."  ~  Rodney Dangerfield


8)  "Only God Himself fully appreciates the influence of a Christian mother in the molding of character in her children."  ~  Billy Graham


9)  "A mother's arms are made of tenderness and children sleep soundly in them."  ~  Victor Hugo


10)  "My mother's love has always been a sustaining force for our family, and one of my greatest joys is seeing her integrity, her compassion, her intelligence reflected in my daughters."  ~  Michelle Obama


11)  "Whatever else is unsure in this stinking dunghill of a world a mother's love is not."  ~  James Joyce


12)  "When you are a mother, you are never really alone in your thoughts. A mother always has to think twice, once for herself and once for her child."  ~  Sophia Loren


13)  "The heart of a mother is a deep abyss at the bottom of which you will always find forgiveness."  ~  Honore de Balzac


14)  "Happy is the son whose faith in his mother remains unchallenged."  ~  Louisa May Alcott


15)  "What a mother sings to the cradle goes all the way down to the coffin."  ~  Henry Ward Beecher


16)  "Yes, Mother. I can see you are flawed. You have not hidden it. That is your greatest gift to me."  ~  Alice Walker


17)  "You are a person of the greatest importance when you are a mother of a family. Just do your job right and your kids will love you."  ~  Ethel Waters


18)  "Every mother is like Moses. She does not enter the promised land. She prepares a world she will not see."  ~  Pope Paul VI


19)  "A man never sees all that his mother has been to him until it's too late to let her know that he sees it."  ~  William Dean Howells


20)  "All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy. No man does. That's his."  ~  Oscar Wilde

No comments:

Post a Comment