Thursday, January 31, 2013

Another Baker's Dozen Of Songs By Innovative, Imaginative, And Incredibly Interesting Icelandic Bands


This is the second post in a mini-series exploring the music of Iceland. If you missed the first installment, you can view it here. If you don't feel like going back and looking at that post, I understand – because I don't feel like writing a new intro for this one. So here's how I led into the videos last time for those of you who missed it...


"Regular readers of this blog may recall from previous posts that I am slightly obsessed with the country of Iceland. I revel in any and all opportunities to discover more about this wonderfully enigmatic island nation.

This time around, I decided to explore the modern music of Iceland. And I was delighted – but not altogether surprised – to find that Icelandic bands are producing music that's not only on par with, but in some cases far superior to the music of the rest of the world. Here's a smattering of songs by bands I'd heretofore *never heard of, but with whom I am now enamored. I hope you'll enjoy listening to these as much as I did..."

(*I have heard of Bjork before, and have been a big fan for a dozen years or more. All the rest are new to me...)



1)  Apparat Organ Quartet  ~  "123 Forever"




2)  Bang Gang  ~  "The World Is Gray"




3)  Benny Crespo's Gang  ~  "Night Time"




3)  Björk  ~  "It's Oh So Quiet"




5)  Bloodgroup  ~  "Overload"




6)  Borko  ~  "Born To Be Free"




7)  Dark Harvest  ~  "Sunny Valentino"




8)  Dikta  ~  "Thank You"




9)  FM BELFAST  ~  "Underwear"




10)  For A Minor Reflection  ~  "Dansi Dans"




11)  Hafdis Huld  ~  "Synchronised Swimmers"




12)  Jónsi  ~  "Go Do"




13)  Lay Low ~  "Please Don't Hate Me"

No comments:

Post a Comment