Monday, January 14, 2013

Story # 1: "Victoria's Secret"

If I'm going to actually write 200 stories this year, I'd better get crackin'! This is a super-short story that I wrote a few days ago, prior to the whole having-a-baby and my-entire-life-changing-in-the-process thingie. And no, it's not what it sounds like. This one and the next two stories I'm going to post (I'm thinking about posting each story individually, unlike last year's stories) do, admittedly, all bear titles that mirror some famous brands of underclothes. But the stories themselves have nothing to do with underwear. I just like funnin' with familiar phrases and making them my own. (Probably slightly illegal, but I'm not making any money off these stories. Yet.)  Enjoy!


"VICTORIA'S SECRET"


Victoria had never been good at keeping a secret. Especially someone else's secret. Especially when it was one as juicy as this. But she'd given her word, and that had to count for something. Didn't it?

Otherwise, who could ever trust her again? Karen certainly couldn't. In this day and age, friends like Karen are hard to come by.

But it was a good secret! No, she mustn't tell!

Victoria pondered the consequences of breaking Karen's trust for what seemed like the hundredth time.

The phone rang. The caller ID indicated that it was Vernon, Victoria's brother. If anyone would need to know the secret, it would be Vernon.

The moment of truth had arrived. Victoria answered the phone hastily and skipped the formalities.

"Vernon, your girlfriend Karen's name used to be Kenneth. Goodbye."

She slammed down the phone and instantly cursed herself. The tears flowed soon afterwards.

Things were about to get very awkward.

No comments:

Post a Comment