Monday, January 14, 2013

Story # 3: "Just My Size"

Here's the third and final short story in my latest mini-series, all of which have borne the title of a popular brand of underclothes. Again, this story has absolutely nothing to do with underwear. I merely stole the title of a well-known brand and wrote a story out of it. Enjoy!


"JUST MY SIZE"

I have a confession to make. I like short women. A lot. The shorter the better.

Mainly, it's because I'm short myself, and short women are just the right size for me to look them in the eyes. That's important to me, I know it's not to everyone.

But it's more than that. A well-proportioned, vertically challenged woman is truly a sight to behold. And I try to behold them as often as possible.

Don't get me wrong. Tall women can also be attractive, in their own way. Some guys can't get enough of legs that just won't quit. But I'm much fonder of legs that never got started.

I was dating this one girl once, and everything was going great. Beautiful girl, great personality, short as can be -- she was the total package. Then one night when I went to pick her up for our date, I noticed that something was different. Dramatically different. Here before me was the girl I knew and liked, standing a head and a half taller than me!

I must have made some mistake. Gone to the wrong house. Confused her with someone else. But one glance downward confirmed my greatest fears. High heels.

I never saw that girl again after that night. I heard she married the lieutenant governor, but I don't know if it's true. He is a head and a half taller than I am, though, so it kind of makes sense.

Tonight I'm going out again, hoping to meet The One. I'll know her when I see her. She'll be the only girl in the room who can look me in the eye. And when she does, I'll flash her a smile and lead with my best line. Something clever like: "It's a small world after all, huh, darling?"

Life's too short to miss out on true happiness. I'm finding my way to my happy ending. Little by little.

No comments:

Post a Comment