Thursday, February 7, 2013

6 Excellent Short Films You Really Should Watch

I've long been a fan of short films, or film shorts as they're often referred to in the industry. Every so often, I will go to YouTube.com and watch a few of them. There are many wonderfully talented independent filmmakers out there getting their feet wet making these short films, and they don't get nearly as much credit as they deserve. So I'm going to give them some free publicity (such as it is) and post a few of the better ones I've seen lately. I might do more of these posts in the future – I don't know for sure, but I like to keep my options open. Please take the time to watch them if you can, because I really think you will get something out of each of them. Enjoy!  ~  JH


1)  "Rope"  ~  Written by (and starring) Kres Mersky; Directed by Theodore Gersten





2)  "Validation"  ~  Written and Directed by Kurt Kuenne; Starring TJ Thyne (from Bones)




3)  "The Desk"  ~  Written and Directed by Albert Gonzalez




4)  "To Claire; From Sonny"  ~  Written, Produced, and Directed by Josh Beattie
(NOTE:  There is one brief profanity in the film that some may find objectionable.)




5)  "InBox"  ~  Written and Directed by Madonne Ashwin




6)  "Fireflies"  ~  Written, Produced, and Directed by The Jubilee Project

No comments:

Post a Comment