Sunday, October 21, 2012

A Hodgepodge Of Songs With "Egg" In The Title

I know, I know...I'm always coming up with some weird junk that only somebody completely out of their mind would think to write about (or post about, as it were). And today is no exception. The fact of the matter is, I have to write a blog post every day, and some days I just don't have any great ideas. Acceptable ideas, yes, and even occasionally a good idea, to be sure – but this is probably not one of them. If you must know where I got my inspiration for this post, it was from hearing Johnny Cash's "Dirty Old Egg-Suckin' Dog" played in a recent TV commercial featuring an adorably ugly bulldog. I thought to myself, I wonder how many songs I could find that had the word "egg" in their titles. A lot, as it turns out. Several of them were rather sucky, while others had explicit lyrics, and were therefore excluded. These 15 songs made the cut. Listen to them if you wish – or skip through them at random if you prefer. A plethora of musical genres are represented here. In case you wish to listen to songs that more suit your musical tastes, I have included the type of music that each song represents, if you (like me) haven't heard of many of these bands before. Enjoy?


1)  Dean Martin & Helen O'Connell  ~  "How D'Ya Like Your Eggs In The Morning?"  (jazz / pop)



2)  Quasi  ~  "The Golden Egg"  (alternative folk / rock)




3)  The Nightcrawlers  ~  "The Little Black Egg"  (oldies pop / rock)




4)  1776: The Musical  ~  "The Egg"  (show tunes)




5)  Shoe  ~  "Egg"  (modern rock)




6)  Liz Phair  ~  "White Chocolate Space Egg"  (alternative rock)




7)  Wolfmother  ~  "Cosmic Egg"  (classic rock)




8)  Johnny Cash  ~  "Dirty Old Egg-Suckin' Dog"  (country / folk)




9)  Smashing Pumpkins  ~  "Egg"  (alternative acoustic rock)




10)  Sesame Street  ~  "Which Comes First, The Chicken Or The Egg?"  (kids' songs)




11)  Tom Waits  ~  "Eggs And Sausage"  (piano blues)



12)  Backyardigans featuring Adam Pascal  ~  "Not An Egg"  (kids' songs)




13)  Fruit Bats  ~  "A Dodo Egg"  (alternative country)




14)  Louis Armstrong & Velma Middleton  ~  "Big Butter & Egg Man"  (jazz / swing)




15)  Weltenbrand  ~  "Foal In An Egg"  (neoclassical / dark wave)


No comments:

Post a Comment