Sunday, October 14, 2012

Interesting Quotes By Famous People With Two Different-Colored Eyes

You can't always tell it from their pictures (sometimes they hide it with contacts), but all of the people below -- most living, two dead -- have a condition called heterochromia, which means that they have one eye that's a different color than the other. Here are some interesting quotes by people with this interesting condition....



1)  "Usually, if you're buried alive, that's gonna be the last time that happens, isn't it?"  ~  Alice Eve, actress



2)  "I'm a very kind of personable person and I love people."  ~  Josh Henderson, actor




3)  "I almost envy people who say whatever they want."  ~  Kate Bosworth, actress




4)  "I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion."  ~  Alexander The Great, leader/conqueror





5)  "You look at the floor and see the floor. I look at the floor and see molecules."  ~  Dan Aykroyd, actor




6)  "I really, truly believe in learning from other people's mistakes."  ~  Mila Kunis, actress




7)  "I'd love to do a character with a wife, a nice little house, a couple of kids, a dog, maybe a bit of singing, and no guns and no killing, but nobody offers me those kind of parts."  ~  Christopher Walken, actor




8)  "You have to count on living every single day in a way you believe will make you feel good about your life - so that if it were over tomorrow, you'd be content with yourself."  ~  Jane Seymour, actress




9)  "If we read a book with the sun shining directly upon it, even if we do not injure the eyesight, we will disarrange the rate of adaptation, so that we will not be able for some time to see in a demi-obscurity. On the other hand, if we stay long in the dark, we may increase the sensibility of the retina so that a sudden return to daylight will be painful."  ~  Louis Émile Javal, scientist





10)  "My mother's five-foot-two, and I'll be honest with you - she's the only person I'm scared of."  ~  Kiefer Sutherland, actor





11)  "I used to lie in bed in my flat and imagine what would happen if there was a zombie attack."  ~  Simon Pegg, comedian





12)  "I used to have the worst head jerk; my hat would fly off sometimes. That's how violent it was. It was violent, real violent. I was so raw."  ~  Max Scherzer, baseball player





13)  "Even before I saw the pain twist his features into a terrible grimace, I knew that I'd hurt him. I'd had the same feeling while playing baseball as a child... when I had hit a home run."  ~  Jens Pulver, mixed martial artist




14)  "I would rather be having a burger and beers with my mates but I can't do that when I know I've got to dance."  ~  Michael Flatley, dancer/choreographer





15)  "When you think about it, Adolf Hitler was the first pop star."  ~  David Bowie, singer





16)  "We all have a moral obligation to leave this world a better place than the world that we've found."  ~  Tim McIlrath, singer/musician

4 comments:

  1. Bowie doesn't have heterochromia iridum; he has one permanently dilated eye.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the info. I stand corrected!

    ReplyDelete
  3. David Bowie was not multi- eye colored. He had an accident with a knife to one eye that made the iris constantly large. CYF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There was no knife involved. The permanent dilation of his pupil was caused by a punch to his eye delivered by George Underwood when they were schoolboys.

      Delete